Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈmeɪdən'] an unmarried girl (especially a virgin).
- young woman
- young lady
Rhymes with Maiden
How do you pronounce maiden?
Pronounce maiden as ˈmeɪdən.
US - How to pronounce maiden in American English
UK - How to pronounce maiden in British English
Sentences with maiden
If the bride and groom aren't married yet, use the bride's maiden name.
Quotes about maiden
1. ...How would you like to die, Tyrion son of Tywin?""In my own bed, with a belly full of wine and a maiden's mouth around my cock, at the age of eighty,"he replied.
- George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
2. Self-growth comes from being nurtured, not tortured. I had to learn this the hard way. On sale now: Iron Maiden. Only used once.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. Her name is Brienne,"Jaime said. "Brienne, the maid of Tarth. You are still maiden, I hope?"Her broad homely face turned red. "Yes.""Oh, good,"Jaime said. "I only rescue maidens.
- George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords
adjective. ['ˈmeɪdən'] serving to set in motion.
- attend to
noun. ['ˈmeɪdən'] (cricket) an over in which no runs are scored.
- maiden over