adjective. ['ˈluːsənd'] straightened out.
Words that Rhyme with Loosened
Example sentences of the word loosened
Scrub over a short surface so you do not make the mess bigger by smearing the loosened gum.
2. Verb, past participle
Wipe the steering wheel with a damp cloth to remove dirt and oil as it is loosened.
Quotes containing the word loosened
1. Prejudices, it is well known, are most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil has never been loosened or fertilised by education: they grow there, firm as weeds among stones.
- Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
2. Let go,"he advised me, and I loosened my grip on his hands. "No, not of me,"he said, smiling. "You can hold on to me as long as you want. Let go of the pain, Sookie. Let go. You need to drift away."It was the first time I had relinquished my will to someone else. As I looked at him, it became easy, and I retreated from the suffering and uncertainty of this strange place.
- Charlaine Harris, Club Dead
3. I act as the tongue of you,... tied in your mouth . . . . in mine it begins to be loosened.
- Walt Whitman