Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈlaɪtɪŋ'] having abundant light or illumination.
Rhymes with Lighting
Sentences with lighting
1. Noun, singular or mass
Pierce the roof with a toothpick to make a lighting rod.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
Adding the oil before lighting reduces the chance of pouring oil onto an open flame.
And buying a large lighting fixture doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg.
Quotes about lighting
1. The Worldly Hope men set their Hearts upon Turns Ashes - or it prospers; and anon, Like Snow upon the Desert's dusty Face, Lighting a little hour or two - is gone.
- Omar Khayyam
2. Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
- W.B. Yeats
3. Proper lighting is everything, Julianna.
- Wendelin Van Draanen, Flipped
adjective. turning lights on.
noun. ['ˈlaɪtɪŋ'] apparatus for supplying artificial light effects for the stage or a film.
noun. ['ˈlaɪtɪŋ'] the craft of providing artificial light.
- interior design
noun. ['ˈlaɪtɪŋ'] the act of setting something on fire.