Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈkɪndlɪŋ'] the act of setting something on fire.
Rhymes with Kindling
How do you pronounce kindling?
Pronounce kindling as ˈkɪndlɪŋ.
US - How to pronounce kindling in American English
UK - How to pronounce kindling in British English
Sentences with kindling
1. Noun, singular or mass
Softwoods such as conifers make good kindling, but they burn out quickly and provide little heat value.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
Collect a bushel of kindling each day during the warm weather.
Quotes about kindling
1. Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.
2. Books can ignite fires in your mind, because they carry ideas for kindling, and art for matches.
- Gary D. Schmidt, Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy
3. I’ve found newspapers only useful as kindling material for campfires. It’s been said that newspaper articles are written at a fifth grade reading level. If so, I can’t figure out why journalists would write something that the average high school senior can’t even read.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE