Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈlændɪŋ'] an intermediate platform in a staircase.
Rhymes with Landing
Sentences with landing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Proper foot landing allows your body to move more efficiently and is less stressful on your body.
2. Noun, singular or mass
In nature, propagules can float on the ocean currents for up to a year before landing and sprouting.
The research further found that decreasing light intensities induces a landing response in houseflies.
Quotes about landing
1. The combination of landing the biggest interview of my career and having a drill in my back reminds me that God only gives us what we can handle and that it helps to have a good sense of humor when we run smack into the absurdity of life.
- Robin Roberts
2. I am coming to terms with the fact that loving someone requires a leap of faith, and that a soft landing is never guaranteed.
- Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby
3. He had a bleeding cut on his leg and he smelled like shit.Her nose wrinkled. "Step in something?"she asked innocently."That I did not mind."He took a menacing step toward her. "What I did mind was being hit by a cab, then landing on the lap of a naked man. With an erection, Anya. He had an erection.
- Gena Showalter, The Darkest Kiss
noun. ['ˈlændɪŋ'] structure providing a place where boats can land people or goods.
- docking facility
- landing stage
- landing place
- going away
noun. ['ˈlændɪŋ'] the act of coming down to the earth (or other surface).
- airplane landing
- aircraft landing
- landing approach
noun. ['ˈlændɪŋ'] the act of coming to land after a voyage.
- amphibious landing
- natural object