Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈbɔrdɪŋ'] the act of passengers and crew getting aboard a ship or aircraft.
- going away
- natural object
Rhymes with Boarding
How do you pronounce boarding?
Pronounce boarding as ˈbɔrdɪŋ.
US - How to pronounce boarding in American English
UK - How to pronounce boarding in British English
Sentences with boarding
Print the executive a copy for use at the airport to secure boarding passes.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
You can also check your first bag for free and the card gets you priority boarding options.
3. Noun, singular or mass
In recent years, Long Branch also has become known as a boarding spot for thoroughbred racehorses.
Quotes about boarding
1. I went to boarding school in the country, so there's no real differentiation between family and friends. I went there from when I was 8 until I was 17 - it was insane. If you earn my friendship, you are my family, and I'll do anything for you.
- Jamie Campbell Bower
2. Lots of things can be fixed. Things can be fixed. But many times, relationships between people cannot be fixed, because they should not be fixed. You're aboard a ship setting sail, and the other person has joined the inland circus, or is boarding a different ship, and you just can't be with each other anymore. Because you shouldn't be.
- C. JoyBell C.
3. My name is Percy Jackson. I'm twelve years old. Until a few months ago, I was a boarding student at Yancy Academy, a private school for troubled kids in upstate New York.Am I a troubled kid?Yeah. You could say that.
- Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief
noun. ['ˈbɔrdɪŋ'] a structure of boards.
- going ashore