noun. ['ˈɪtʃɪŋ'] an irritating cutaneous sensation that produces a desire to scratch.
- skin sensation
- haptic sensation
- cutaneous sensation
Rhymes with Itching
Sentences with itching
1. Noun, singular or mass
Topical creams are also helpful to manage the itching, and corticosteroids and antihistamines may also be of value.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
If the fungus gets under the hood of the clitoris, it can cause swelling and itching.
Quotes about itching
1. He was conscious of nothing except the blankness of the page in front of him, the itching of the skin above his ankle, the blaring of the music, and a slight booziness caused by the gin.
- George Orwell, 1984
2. Someone asked me about the difference between love and lust. Hmmm. That will take a little thought. How to tell the difference? Well, for guys, if she looks better AFTER you've made love to her than before, that might be love. If you find yourself itching to get out the door afterward, probably just lust, y'know?
- Steven Barnes
3. No matter how much he talked, she never answered him, but he knew she was still there. He knew it was like the soldiers he had read about. They would have an arm or a leg blown off, and for days, even weeks after it happened, they could still feel the arm itching, the leg itching, the mother calling.
- Pat Cunningham Devoto, Out of the Night That Covers Me