Table of Contents
noun. ['ˌɪnˈtɑːlɝəns'] impatience with annoyances.
Rhymes with Intolerance
Sentences with intolerance
1. Noun, singular or mass
A doctor can also run tests to determine if you have a food intolerance.
Quotes about intolerance
1. If it weren't for greed, intolerance, hate, passion and murder, you would have no works of art, no great buildings, no medical science, no Mozart, no Van Gough, no Muppets and no Louis Armstrong.
- Jasper Fforde, The Big Over Easy
2. Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice.
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
3. People should decide on the books' meanings for themselves. They'll find a story that attacks such things as cruelty, oppression, intolerance, unkindness, narrow-mindedness, and celebrates love, kindness, open-mindedness, tolerance, curiosity, human intelligence.
- Philip Pullman, His Dark Materials Trilogy: The Golden Compass / The Subtle Knife / The Amber Spyglass
noun. ['ˌɪnˈtɑːlɝəns'] unwillingness to recognize and respect differences in opinions or beliefs.
- zero tolerance
- mental attitude