verb. ['ˌɪnˈʃʊr'] be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something.
- see to it
- mark off
- check off
- tick off
- find out
Words that Rhyme with Insure
Example sentences of the word insure
1. Verb, base form
Test to insure that the alcohol will not harm the finish.
2. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Auto insurance policies insure vehicles.
Quotes containing the word insure
1. At least one reason for trying to live lives that make a difference is that by so living, we hope we will not be forgotten by those who benefit from our trying to make a difference. Yet to try to insure we will not be forgotten too often results in desperate manipulative strategies that are doomed to fail.
- Stanley Hauerwas
2. Of all the means to insure happiness throughout the whole life, by far the most important is the acquisition of friends.
- Epicurus, A Guide To Happiness
3. The best way to insure you achieve the greatest satisfaction out of life is to behave intentionally.
- Deborah Day, BE HAPPY NOW!
verb. ['ˌɪnˈʃʊr'] make certain of.
verb. ['ˌɪnˈʃʊr'] protect by insurance.
verb. ['ˌɪnˈʃʊr'] take out insurance for.
- fall short of