adjective. ['ˌɪnˈsɑːmniːˌæk'] experiencing or accompanied by sleeplessness.
Words that Rhyme with Insomniac
Example sentences of the word insomniac
1. Noun, singular or mass
As any insomniac will tell you, there's nothing like a good night's sleep.
Quotes containing the word insomniac
1. Mario, what do you get when you cross an insomniac, an unwilling agnostic and a dyslexic?""I give.""You get someone who stays up all night torturing himself mentally over the question of whether or not there's a dog.
- David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
2. Evelyn was an insomniac so when they say she died in her sleep, you have to question that.
- Garrison Keillor, Pontoon: A Novel of Lake Wobegon
3. I'm an insomniac, my mind works the night shift.
- Pete Wentz, Gray
noun. ['ˌɪnˈsɑːmniːˌæk'] someone who cannot sleep.
- sick person
- sleepless person
- fall asleep