Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˌənəˈwɛr'] (often followed by `of') not aware.
- aware (English)
- gewær (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- un- (English)
- on- (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Unaware
How do you pronounce unaware?
Pronounce unaware as ˌənəˈwɛr.
US - How to pronounce unaware in American English
UK - How to pronounce unaware in British English
Sentences with unaware
More than half of those who save report being unaware of the interest rate their savings accounts are paid.
Quotes about unaware
1. I am not absentminded. It is the presence of mind that makes me unaware of everything else.
- G.K. Chesterton
2. Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was myself. Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.
- Zhuangzi, The Butterfly as Companion: Meditations on the First Three Chapters of the Chuang-Tzu
3. Everybody gets told to write about what they know. The trouble with many of us is that at the earlier stages of life we think we know everything- or to put it more usefully, we are often unaware of the scope and structure of our ignorance.
- Thomas Pynchon, Slow Learner: Early Stories