adjective. ['ˌɪnˈkwaɪɝɪŋ'] given to inquiry.
Words that Rhyme with Inquiring
Example sentences of the word inquiring
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Input the VAT registration number from the company you are inquiring about.
Quotes containing the word inquiring
1. A thought is harmless unless we believe it. It’s not our thoughts, but our attachment to our thoughts, that causes suffering. Attaching to a thought means believing that it’s true, without inquiring. A belief is a thought that we’ve been attaching to, often for years.
- Byron Katie, Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life
2. Some false representations contravene the law; some do not. ... The sensibilities of no two men are the same. Some would refuse to sell property without carefully explaining all about its merits and defects, and putting themselves in the purchasers' place and inquiring if he himself would buy under the circumstances. But such men never would be prosperous merchants.
- Clarence Darrow, The Story of My Life
noun. ['ˌɪnˈkwaɪɝɪŋ'] a request for information.