adjective. ['ˌɪnˈhɛrətɪd'] occurring among members of a family usually by heredity.
Rhymes with Inherited
Sentences with inherited
1. Verb, past participle
Dermatomyositis is a serious skin disease that may be inherited in collies if both parents carry the chromosome.
Purebred dogs come with a list of inherited health problems.
Quotes about inherited
1. So that's little Scorpious. Make sure you beat him in every test, Rosie. Thank god you've inherited your mother's brains.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
2. Inherited Will, The Destiny of the Age, and The Dreams of the People. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of Freedom, these things will never cease to be!"- Gol D. Roger
- Eiichiro Oda
3. I inherited this country when I was only a child, Nahuseresh. I have held it. I have fought down rebellious barons. I've fought Sounis to keep the land on this side of the mountains. I have killed men and watched them hang. I've seen them tortured to keep this country safe and mine. How did you think I did this if I was a fool with cow eyes for any handsome man with gold in his purse?
- Megan Whalen Turner, The Queen of Attolia