adjective. ['ˈhɝːiːɪŋ'] moving with great haste.
- stay in place
Words that Rhyme with Hurrying
Example sentences of the word hurrying
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
You might notice that listeners lose interest and seem to be hurrying you along.
Quotes containing the word hurrying
1. There's no advantage to hurrying through life."-Shikamaru Nara
- Masashi Kishimoto
2. He went to the church, and walked about the streets, and watched the people hurrying to and for, and patted the children on the head, and questioned beggars, and looked down into the kitchens of homes, and up to the windows, and found that everything could yield him pleasure. He had never dreamed of any walk, that anything, could give him so much happiness. (p. 119)
- Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol
3. When from our better selves we have too longBeen parted by the hurrying world, and droop,Sick of its business, of its pleasures tired,How gracious, how benign, is Solitude
- William Wordsworth
noun. ['ˈhɝːiːɪŋ'] changing location rapidly.