noun. ['ˈhɑːrʃnəs'] the roughness of a substance that causes abrasions.
Words that Rhyme with Harshness
Example sentences of the word harshness
1. Noun, singular or mass
Morning and evening walks can help protect against the harshness of the sun at other points in the day.
Quotes containing the word harshness
1. Do not train a child to learn by force or harshness; but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each.
2. Love without truth is sentimentality; it supports and affirms us but keeps us in denial about our flaws. Truth without love is harshness; it gives us information but in such a way that we cannot really hear it.
- Timothy Keller, The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Commitment with the Wisdom of God
3. Women are delicate creatures. Fragile. Gentle. Made by God to be sheltered from the harshness of this world..Morgan MacDonnell
- Teresa Medeiros, A Whisper of Roses
noun. ['ˈhɑːrʃnəs'] excessive sternness.
- good weather
noun. ['ˈhɑːrʃnəs'] the quality of being cruel and causing tension or annoyance.
noun. ['ˈhɑːrʃnəs'] the quality of being unpleasant (harsh or rough or grating) to the senses.