noun. ['ˈgʌst'] a strong current of air.
- air current
- current of air
Rhymes with Gust
Sentences with gust
1. Noun, singular or mass
The wind turbine is now ready to provide electricity to the tiny bulb with the first gust of wind.
2. Verb, base form
Winds can abruptly gust or change direction just before a thunderstorm.
Quotes about gust
1. 'Peace Train' is a song I wrote, the message of which continues to breeze thunderously through the hearts of millions. There is a powerful need for people to feel that gust of hope rise up again.
- Cat Stevens
2. In a gust of guts and gusto, I told her of my love for her. Then, like a tornado, she spun what I said into something that terrorized Kansas.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. sometimes i don't know, which momentwhich cool gust of wind will come,and enchant metousling my hairand my heart, stirring...that familiar ache of poetry, which drop will kissthe old wrench in my soulreminding me, all over againi miss you better in the rain.
- Sanober Khan, A Thousand Flamingos