adjective. ['ˈglɪtɝɪŋ'] having brief brilliant points or flashes of light.
Words that Rhyme with Glittering
Example sentences of the word glittering
Transparent beads can allow you to create glittering effects for your jewelry and beaded sculpture.
2. Noun, singular or mass
The glittering neon signs and sparkling casinos of Las Vegas conjure up a lot of memorable spots.
3. Verb, gerund or present participle
His curly brown hair is topped with a holly wreath studded with glittering icicles.
Quotes containing the word glittering
1. And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.
- Roald Dahl
2. In a perfect world, you could fuck people without giving them a piece of your heart. And every glittering kiss and every touch of flesh is another shard of heart you’ll never see again.
- Neil Gaiman, Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders
3. She's beautiful, but so what? If the University of Florida taught me anything, it's that beautiful women are everywhere. The trick is to find the diamond among all the glittering cubic zirconias.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE