Rhymes with Glare
Quotes about glare
1. You can’t tell mewhat to do anymore, Travis! I don’t belong to you!”In the second it took him to turn and face me, hisexpression had contorted into anger. He stomped towardme, planting his hands on the bed and leaning into my face.“WELL I BELONG TO YOU!” The veins in his neckbulged as he shouted, and I met his glare, refusing to evenflinch. He looked at my lips, panting. “I belong to you.
- Jamie McGuire, Beautiful Disaster
2. The magic of purpose and of love in its purest form. Not televison love, with its glare and hollow and sequined glint; not sex and allure, all high shoes and high drama, everything both too small and in too much excess, but just love. Love like rain, like the smell of a tangerine, like a surprise found in your pocket.
- Deb Caletti, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart
3. There are certain half-dreaming moods of mind in which we naturally steal away from noise and glare, and seek some quiet haunt where we may indulge our reveries and build our air castles undisturbed.
- Washington Irving, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Other Stories