Table of Contents
verb. ['ˈgæsp'] breathe noisily, as when one is exhausted.
Rhymes with Gasp
How do you pronounce gasp?
Pronounce gasp as gæsp.
US - How to pronounce gasp in American English
UK - How to pronounce gasp in British English
Sentences with gasp
1. Verb, base form
STICKS in the mind like Scotch tape, they'll gasp
2. Noun, singular or mass
Want the ventilation of shorts without the threat of (gasp) wedgies?
Quotes about gasp
1. Remind me,"he paused, drawing in a stuttered gasp, "to never piss you off again. Christ, are you secretly a ninja?
- Jennifer L. Armentrout, Obsidian
2. I hugged him without any kind of fear or self-consciousness, fiercely, with a rush of emotion that almost brought tears to my eyes."I could kiss you!"Chubs cried."Please don't!"I gasp out, feeling his arms tighten around my ribs to the point of cracking them.
- Alexandra Bracken, The Darkest Minds
3. I ripped my left arm out of his hand and slammed my elbow into his solar plexus. He exhaled in a gasp. I lunged for the dagger and sat on top of him, my knees pinning his arms, my dagger on his throat.He lay still. “I give up,” he said and smiled. “Your move.”Er. I was sitting atop the Beast Lord in my underwear, holding a knife to his throat. What the hell was my next move?
- Ilona Andrews, Magic Strikes
noun. ['ˈgæsp'] a short labored intake of breath with the mouth open.
- breathing in
- stand still