Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈfræntɪk'] excessively agitated; distraught with fear or other violent emotion.
Rhymes with Frantic
How do you pronounce frantic?
Pronounce frantic as ˈfræntɪk.
US - How to pronounce frantic in American English
UK - How to pronounce frantic in British English
Sentences with frantic
Signs in your dog are frantic scratching and restlessness.
Quotes about frantic
1. Jane, be still; don't struggle so like a wild, frantic bird, that is rending its own plumage in its desperation.""I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being, with an independent will; which I now exert to leave you.
- Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
2. There is a soul-jealousy that can be as frantic as any body-jealousy.
- Arthur Conan Doyle, The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes
3. Frantic orthodoxy is never rooted in faith but in doubt. It is when we are unsure that we are doubly sure.
- Reinhold Niebuhr
adjective. ['ˈfræntɪk'] marked by uncontrolled excitement or emotion.