adjective. ['kənˈtroʊld'] restrained or managed or kept within certain bounds.
Words that Rhyme with Controlled
Example sentences of the word controlled
1. Verb, past participle
Interest rates in the United States are controlled to a large extent by the federal government.
It dispenses foam soap and a controlled stream of water to wash your hands.
Quotes containing the word controlled
1. Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in face of certain defeat.
- Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man
2. What's the world's greatest lie?... It's this: that at a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what's happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate.
- Paulo Coelho
3. If there was a God. I would spit in his face for subjecting me to this. If there was a Devil, I would sell my sould to make it end. If there was something Higher that controlled out fing fates, I would tell it to take my fate and shove it up its fucking ass. Shove it hard and far, you motherfer. Please end. Please end. Please end.
- James Frey, A Million Little Pieces
adjective. lacking a crew.
adjective. subscribing to the socialistic doctrine of ownership by the people collectively.
adjective. having the price regulated or controlled by government.
adjective. operated and guided by radio.
adjective. operated by automation.