Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈfɔrθ'] coming next after the third and just before the fifth in position or time or degree or magnitude.
Rhymes with Fourth
How do you spell fourth? Is it forth ?
A common misspelling of fourth is forth
Sentences with fourth
Magnesium is one of the important minerals in the body and the fourth most abundant mineral.
Quotes about fourth
1. I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking toward me and realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you.
- Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince
2. The first ingredient in conversation is truth, the next good sense, the third good humor, and the fourth wit.
- William Temple
3. What are you grinning at?"Katsa demanded for the third or fourth time. "Is the ceiling about to cave in on my head or something? You look like we're both on the verge of an enormous joke.""Katsa, only you would consider the collapse of the ceiling a good joke.
- Kristin Cashore, Graceling
adjective. coming next after the twenty-third in position.
adjective. the ordinal number of forty-four in counting order.
adjective. used of the fourth and final year in United States high school or college.
adjective. the ordinal number of thirty-four in counting order.
adverb. ['ˈfɔrθ'] in the fourth place.
noun. ['ˈfɔrθ'] following the third position; number four in a countable series.
noun. ['ˈfɔrθ'] the musical interval between one note and another four notes away from it.
noun. ['ˈfɔrθ'] one of four equal parts.