Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈfʊtˌnoʊt'] a printed note placed below the text on a printed page.
- low status
Rhymes with Footnote
Sentences with footnote
Position the cursor over the footnote annotation with the 5-way controller.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Highlight the part you want to change, such as the footnote number itself or the text.
3. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
For subsequent mentions, use a shorter *footnote*:
4. Verb, base form
The “References” tab includes commands that can footnote a layout element, such as a table.
Quotes about footnote
1. A poet's autobiography is his poetry. Anything else is just a footnote.
- Yevgeny Yevtushenko
2. Footnote: In 1998, a woman in Saline, Michigan received a patent for a Decorative Penile Wrap...The patent included three pages of drawings, including a penis wearing a ghost outfit, another in the robes of the Grim Reaper, and one dressed up to look like a snowman.
- Mary Roach, Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex
3. All of Western philosophy is but a footnote to Plato.
- Alfred North Whitehead
verb. ['ˈfʊtˌnoʊt'] add explanatory notes to or supply with critical comments.