Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈdraɪvɝ'] the operator of a motor vehicle.
- speed demon
- livery driver
- test driver
- designated driver
- kerb crawler
- race driver
- automobile driver
- truck driver
- bus driver
- hack driver
- road hog
Rhymes with Driver
How do you pronounce driver?
Pronounce driver as ˈdraɪvər.
US - How to pronounce driver in American English
UK - How to pronounce driver in British English
Sentences with driver
1. Noun, singular or mass
Fairway woods such as the 3-wood are among the most powerful clubs in golf after the driver.
Quotes about driver
1. The problem with the designated driver program, it's not a desirable job, but if you ever get sucked into doing it, have fun with it. At the end of the night, drop them off at the wrong house.
- Jeff Foxworthy
2. To me, God is like this happy bus driver.
- Jerry Stahl, Permanent Midnight
3. Because memory is time folding back on itself. To remember is to disengage from the present. In order to reach any kind of success in automobile racing, a driver must never remember.
- Garth Stein, The Art of Racing in the Rain
noun. someone who drives a taxi for a living.
noun. ['ˈdraɪvɝ'] a golfer who hits the golf ball with a driver.
noun. ['ˈdraɪvɝ'] a golf club (a wood) with a near vertical face that is used for hitting long shots from the tee.
noun. ['ˈdraɪvɝ'] (computer science) a program that determines how a computer will communicate with a peripheral device.