Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈflʌtɝɪŋ'] the motion made by flapping up and down.
Rhymes with Fluttering
Sentences with fluttering
1. Noun, singular or mass
The flame should be very steady, with no flickering or fluttering.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
You may notice that your heart is palpitating, beating irregularly or fluttering.
Quotes about fluttering
1. The elusive nature of love... it can be such a fleeting thing. You see it there and it's just fluttering and it's gone.
- Mick Jagger
2. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Tyson pounding the Earthborn into the ground like a game of whack-a-mole. Ella was fluttering above him, dodging missiles and calling out advice: "The groin. The Earthborn's groin is sensitive."SMASH!"Good. Yes. Tyson found its groin.
- Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune
3. Last night my shadow exploded into hundreds of fluttering black birds, foreshadowing my love taking flight under the cover of camouflage.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE