noun. ['ˈflæpɪŋ'] the motion made by flapping up and down.
- stand still
- straight line
Rhymes with Flapping
Sentences with flapping
1. Noun, singular or mass
The pet may occasionally exhibit muscle spasms called toe-tapping or wing flapping.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
Your whole arm will move as one unit and will resemble a bird's flapping wing.
Quotes about flapping
1. Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?"Harry interrupted again."So he can sneak up on people,"said Ron. "Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking...
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
2. Flower petals in the breeze look like a butterfly flapping its wings. My love for you takes flight like a white orchid blushing pink.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. Happiness is excitement that has found a settling down place, but there is always a little corner that keeps flapping around.
- E.L. Konigsburg, From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler