adjective. ['ˈflɪmzi'] lacking solidity or strength.
Words that Rhyme with Flimsy
Example sentences of the word flimsy
Purchase a bookcase that comes with a flimsy cardboard backing that you can leave off when you assemble it.
2. Verb, 3rd person singular present
* Somewhat flimsy, allowing drawers to move from side to side.
Quotes containing the word flimsy
1. You can't build anything with a flimsy foundation. Friendship is the foundation.
- Hill Harper
2. How could I remain unyielding? His words penetrated the flimsy barriers I’d set up around my heart. I’d meant to set up a barbed wire fence, but the barbs ended up being covered with marshmallows. He slipped through my defenses easily. He touched his forehead to my hand, and my marshmallow heart melted.
- Colleen Houck
3. Every time I go to sleep, I know I may never wake up. How could anyone expect to? You drop your tiny, helpless mind into a bottomless well, crossing your fingers and hoping when you pull it out on its flimsy fishing wire it hasn't been gnawed to bones by nameless beasts below.
- Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies
noun. ['ˈflɪmzi'] a thin strong lightweight translucent paper used especially for making carbon copies.
- typing paper
adjective. ['ˈflɪmzi'] not convincing.
adjective. ['ˈflɪmzi'] lacking substance or significance; a fragile claim to fame".