noun. ['ˈfɪksɪŋ'] the act of putting something in working order again.
- quick fix
- band aid
- stand still
- take away
Words that Rhyme with Fixing
Example sentences of the word fixing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Place a thin towel over the letter you are fixing.
Quotes containing the word fixing
1. I'm a huge NASCAR fan, but I'm not a gearhead. I've never been into fixing cars. It's not because I don't like it. I would love to know more. It's just my dad never taught me that stuff because my dad wasn't a mechanic.
- Larry the Cable Guy
2. Aside from velcro, time is the most mysterious substance in the universe. You can't see it or touch it, yet a plumber can charge you upwards of seventy-five dollars per hour for it, without necessarily fixing anything.
- Dave Barry
3. Ruby: ...What's so good about being 20? I call them the materialist years. The years we get distracted by all the bullshit. Then we cop on when we hit our 30s and spend those years trying to make up for the 20s. But your 40s? Those years are for enjoying it.Rosie: Hmmm good point. What are the 50s for?Ruby: Fixing what you fucked up in your 40s.Rosie: Great. Looking forward to it.
- Cecelia Ahern, Love, Rosie
noun. control (by agreement among producers or by government) of the price of a commodity in interstate commerce.
noun. ['ˈfɪksɪŋ'] (histology) the preservation and hardening of a tissue sample to retain as nearly as possible the same relations they had in the living body.
- natural object
noun. ['ˈfɪksɪŋ'] the sterilization of an animal.
noun. ['ˈfɪksɪŋ'] restraint that attaches to something or holds something in place.
- nut and bolt
- sealing wax
- press stud
- clothes pin
- corrugated fastener
- clothes peg
- dowel pin
- paper fastener
- hook and eye
- snap ring
- toggle bolt
- wiggle nail
- slide fastener
- zip fastener
- snap fastener