noun. ['ˈfɪnɪʃɪŋ'] a decorative texture or appearance of a surface (or the substance that gives it that appearance).
Words that Rhyme with Finishing
Example sentences of the word finishing
If you're not up to running the show, consider doing some of the finishing work yourself.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Tap your talented friends for help when it comes to the finishing touches.
3. Verb, gerund or present participle
After finishing the main work on the autumn 1957 collection, Dior took a vacation in Italy.
Quotes containing the word finishing
1. When I am finishing a picture, I hold some God-made object up to it - a rock, a flower, the branch of a tree or my hand - as a final test. If the painting stands up beside a thing man cannot make, the painting is authentic. If there's a clash between the two, it's bad art.
- Marc Chagall
2. The hard part about writing a novel is finishing it.
- Ernest Hemingway
3. Humm humm haaa. Rahmumm humm haaaa,"intoned Opal, finishing her chant. "Peace be inside me, tolerance all around me, forgiveness in my path. Now, Mervall, show me where the filthy human is so that I may feed him his organs.
- Eoin Colfer, The Time Paradox
noun. ['ˈfɪnɪʃɪŋ'] the act of finishing.
- mop up
- closing curtain