adverb. ['ˈfaɪnli'] in a delicate manner.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- fine (English)
- fin (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Finely
Sentences with finely
Maple is a hard wood that is finely textured.
Create a 1-inch layer using a finely texture mulch to allow new leaves to emerge with ease.
Quotes about finely
1. The mark of all good art is not that the thing done is done exactly or finely, for machinery may do as much, but that it is worked out with the head and the workman's heart.
- Oscar Wilde
2. The beauty of a finely worked object points to the beauty of the craftsmanship. The beauty of the craftsmanship points to the beauty of the name which was the source of the craftsmanship. The beauty of the name of the craftsman's art points to the beauty of the craftsman's attributes manifested in that art.
- Said Nursi
3. In the little world in which children have their existence, whosoever brings them up, there is nothing so finely perceived and so finely felt as injustice.
- Charles Dickens, Great Expectations