Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈfɪlɪŋ'] any material that fills a space or container.
Rhymes with Filling
Sentences with filling
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Rinse and dry the pot before filling it with oil up to the mark.
2. Noun, singular or mass
For the pumpkin, you want real pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling.
Quotes about filling
1. Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.
2. Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
- W.B. Yeats
3. I close my eyes, thinking that there is nothing like an embrace after an absence, nothing like fitting my face into the curve of his shoulder and filling my lungs with the scent of him.
- Jodi Picoult, Keeping Faith
noun. ['ˈfɪlɪŋ'] flow into something (as a container).
- stand still
noun. ['ˈfɪlɪŋ'] the act of filling something.
- change of integrity
- stay in place
noun. ['ˈfɪlɪŋ'] the yarn woven across the warp yarn in weaving.
noun. ['ˈfɪlɪŋ'] (dentistry) a dental appliance consisting of any of various substances (as metal or plastic) inserted into a prepared cavity in a tooth.
- dental appliance
noun. ['ˈfɪlɪŋ'] a food mixture used to fill pastry or sandwiches etc..