Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈfɛns'] a barrier that serves to enclose an area.
- chainlink fence
- stone wall
- rail fence
- fence line
Rhymes with Fence
Sentences with fence
1. Noun, singular or mass
Take down the length of the fence and lay it flat on the ground.
Quotes about fence
1. Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up.
- Robert Frost
2. I can't give you the white picket fence, and if I did, you'd set it on fire.
- Ilona Andrews, Magic Bleeds
3. Success is determined not by whether or not you face obstacles, but by your reaction to them. And if you look at these obstacles as a containing fence, they become your excuse for failure. If you look at them as a hurdle, each one strengthens you for the next.
- Ben Carson, Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story
noun. a person who won't take sides in a controversy.
verb. ['ˈfɛns'] enclose with a fence.
- fence in
- close in
- pull out
noun. ['ˈfɛns'] a dealer in stolen property.
- make peace
verb. ['ˈfɛns'] surround with a wall in order to fortify.
- fence in
- natural object
verb. ['ˈfɛns'] have an argument about something.
- take issue
verb. ['ˈfɛns'] fight with fencing swords.
- bring to
verb. ['ˈfɛns'] receive stolen goods.
- say farewell