noun. any federal law-enforcement officer.
- federal agent
Words that Rhyme with Fed
How to spell fed? Is it fide? Or fhd? Common misspellings are:
Example sentences of the word fed
1. Verb, past participle
Peas are a good source of nutrition for people and are often fed to livestock as well.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Aquatic leeches can adopt a flattened shape, even when fed, to swim better.
Farmed shrimp also are fed pellet food to increase the calorie intake and content of protein in shrimp .
4. Verb, past tense
The Steakhouse (thesteakhousemd.com) uses aged beef, fed a vegetarian diet and cut by the in-house butcher.
Quotes containing the word fed
1. Love cannot endure indifference. It needs to be wanted. Like a lamp, it needs to be fed out of the oil of another's heart, or its flame burns low.
- Henry Ward Beecher
2. I was always hungry for love. Just once, I wanted to know what it was like to get my fill of it -- to be fed so much love I couldn't take any more. Just once.
- Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood
3. We have to be back in three hours,"Ronan said. "I just fed Chainsaw but she'll need it again.""This,"Gansey replied "is precisely why I didn't want to have a baby with you.
- Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven Boys
adjective. (of livestock) kept and fed in a stall in order to fatten for the market.
adjective. properly nourished.
adjective. strong and healthy but not sophisticated.
adjective. using belted ammunition.
adjective. fed on corn.
adjective. not getting adequate food.
adjective. (of an infant) fed milk from the mother's breast.
noun. the central bank of the United States; incorporates 12 Federal Reserve branch banks and all national banks and state-chartered commercial banks and some trust companies.
- Federal Reserve System
- central bank
- Federal Reserve Bank
- national bank
- member bank
- reserve bank
- general agent