noun. ['ˈfæstɪŋ'] abstaining from food.
- hunger strike
Rhymes with Fasting
Sentences with fasting
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
If you normally exercise, you may need to cut back on workouts while you are fasting.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Call your doctor if you are unsure about the fasting requirements for your hormone test.
Muslim South Africans sometimes have iftar after sunset during Ramadan, a fasting holiday.
Quotes about fasting
1. He that lives upon hope will die fasting.
- Benjamin Franklin
2. Down on your knees, and thank heaven, fasting, for a good man's love.
3. Obedience, fasting, and prayer are laughed at, yet only through them lies the way to real true freedom. I cut off my superfluous and unnecessary desires, I subdue my proud and wanton will and chastise it with obedience, and with God's help I attain freedom of spirit and with it spiritual joy.
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov