noun. ['ɪˈkwɪpmənt'] an instrumentality needed for an undertaking or to perform a service.
- robotics equipment
- game equipment
- teaching aid
- radiotherapy equipment
- fuel system
- photographic equipment
- naval equipment
- sports equipment
- electronic equipment
- recording machine
- rescue equipment
- artificial satellite
- life support
- electrical system
- engine cooling system
- test equipment
- life-support system
- recording equipment
- -ment (English)
- -amentum (Latin)
- equip (English)
- équiper (French)
Words that Rhyme with Equipment
How do you pronounce equipment?
Pronounce equipment as ɪkˈwɪpmənt.
US - How to pronounce equipment in American English
UK - How to pronounce equipment in British English
How to spell equipment? Is it equiptment? Or equipamento? Common misspellings are:
Example sentences of the word equipment
1. Noun, singular or mass
Situate your equipment for efficient production, such as putting your clay near the wedging table.
Quotes containing the word equipment
1. Why sell farming equipment to farmers? I should cut out the middleman and sell tractors directly to people dining in restaurants.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
2. Because he has the best equipment in the City and he knows how to use it!
- Ilona Andrews, Magic Bleeds
3. Suffering provides the gym equipment on which my faith can be exercised.
- Joni Eareckson Tada, Suffering: Making Sense of Suffering 5pk