Table of Contents
verb. ['ˌɛnˈlaɪtən'] make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear.
- sort out
- shed light on
- straighten out
- clear up
- break even
Rhymes with Enlighten
How do you pronounce enlighten?
Pronounce enlighten as ˌɛnˈlaɪtən.
US - How to pronounce enlighten in American English
UK - How to pronounce enlighten in British English
Sentences with enlighten
1. Verb, base form
Your purpose is to enlighten the audience and to convince the reader that your opinion is the right one.
2. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
These laws and regulations enlighten people on the need to conserve the resources for the future generations.
Quotes about enlighten
1. To me, art's highest purpose is to entertain, to enlighten, to inspire, to evoke emotion and to change an audience in some way, big or small.
- Charity Sunshine Tillemann-Dick
2. Based on the questions we both answered, we’re a 0% love match. That means we’re 100% compatible, once I enlighten her to the correct perspective on life.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. For some students, especially in the sciences, the knowledge gained in college may be directly relevant to graduate study. For almost all students, a liberal arts education works in subtle ways to create a web of knowledge that will illumine problems and enlighten judgment on innumerable occasions in later life.
- Derek Bok
verb. ['ˌɛnˈlaɪtən'] give spiritual insight to; in religion.
verb. ['ˌɛnˈlaɪtən'] make understand.