adjective. ['ˌɛləˈmɛntəl, ˌɛləˈmɛnəl'] of or being the essential or basic part.
Words that Rhyme with Elemental
How do you pronounce elemental?
Pronounce elemental as ˌɛləˈmɛnəl.
US - How to pronounce elemental in American English
UK - How to pronounce elemental in British English
Example sentences of the word elemental
Each of these supplements contains a different amount of elemental iron used by the body.
2. Noun, singular or mass
* Ferrous fumarate supplements contain 33 percent elemental iron
Quotes containing the word elemental
1. Never can the innate power of a work be hidden or locked away. A work of art can be forgotten by time; it can be forbidden and rejected but the elemental will always prevail over the ephemeral.
- Stefan Zweig
2. How happy is the little stoneThat rambles in the road alone,And doesn't care about careers,And exigencies never fears;Whose coat of elemental brownA passing universe put on;And independent as the sun,Associates or glows alone,Fulfilling absolute decreeIn casual simplicity.
- Emily Dickinson
3. Yeah, well, food's one of the five exceptions to Gamp's Law of Elemental Transfigurations,"said Ron, to general astonishment.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows