noun. ['ˈiːts'] informal terms for a meal.
Words that Rhyme with Eats
Example sentences of the word eats
1. Noun, plural
Prepare a menu of the birthday person's favorite childhood foods and other popular eats from that time.
2. Verb, 3rd person singular present
You may have to supervise him so he eats his food.
Quotes containing the word eats
1. Holding anger is a poison...It eats you from inside...We think that by hating someone we hurt them...But hatred is a curved blade...and the harm we do to others...we also do to ourselves.
- Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven
2. A choir of seedlings arching their necks out of rotted tree stumps, sucking life out of death. I am the forest's conscience, but remember, the forest eats itself and lives forever.
- Barbara Kingsolver, The Poisonwood Bible
3. Time after time have nations, ay, and rich and strong nations, learned in the arts, been, and passed away to be forgotten, so that no memory of them remains. This is but one of several; for Time eats up the works of man.
- H. Rider Haggard, She