Table of Contents
verb. ['ˈdraʊn'] cover completely or make imperceptible.
- spread over
Rhymes with Drown
How do you pronounce drown?
Pronounce drown as draʊn.
US - How to pronounce drown in American English
UK - How to pronounce drown in British English
Sentences with drown
1. Noun, singular or mass
They then fall into the baking dish and drown.
2. Verb, base form
Use a fan or sound machine to drown out noise if
At 80 degrees, you can become unconscious and drown.
Quotes about drown
1. Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
- Steve Jobs
2. Where is Wood?"said Harry, suddenly realizing he wasn't there."Still in the showers,"said Fred. "We think he's trying to drown himself.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
3. Hey, Rosalie? Do you know how to drown a blonde? Stick a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
- Stephenie Meyer, Breaking Dawn
verb. ['ˈdraʊn'] get rid of as if by submerging.
- do away with
- get rid of
- file in
- pop in
- stand still
verb. ['ˈdraʊn'] die from being submerged in water, getting water into the lungs, and asphyxiating.
- pop off
- pass away
- drop dead
- give-up the ghost
- buy the farm
- kick the bucket
- cash in one's chips
- log in
- get on
verb. ['ˈdraʊn'] kill by submerging in water.
verb. ['ˈdraʊn'] be covered with or submerged in a liquid.