noun. ['dɪˈsɑːnəsti'] lack of honesty; acts of lying or cheating or stealing.
- wrongful conduct
- actus reus
Words that Rhyme with Dishonesty
Example sentences of the word dishonesty
1. Noun, singular or mass
Exaggeration and dishonesty allows the person to discount everything you say.
If the person is a serial liar, focus on dishonesty instead of individual lies.
Quotes containing the word dishonesty
1. Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy.
- George Carlin
2. My shining dishonesty will be the salvation of me.
- Diana Wynne Jones, Howl's Moving Castle
3. Where questions of religion are concerned, people are guilty of every possible sort of dishonesty and intellectual misdemeanor.
- Sigmund Freud, The Future of an Illusion
noun. ['dɪˈsɑːnəsti'] the quality of being dishonest.