Table of Contents
adjective. ['dɪˈsɛndɪŋ'] coming down or downward.
Rhymes with Descending
Sentences with descending
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
A search engine sorts its results page by relevance to your criteria, with the score in descending order.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Partial knee squats, heel raises and stair climbing and descending are exercises and movements that we do repeatedly.
Quotes about descending
1. Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.
- Saint Augustine
2. Rain is grace; rain is the sky descending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life.
- John Updike
3. It’s funny. I met a man once who did a lot of mountain climbing. I asked him which was harder, ascending or descending? He said without a doubt descending, because ascending you were so focused on reaching the top, you avoided mistakes.The backside of a mountain is a fight against human nature,” he said. “You have to care as much about yourself on the way down as you did on the way up.
- Mitch Albom, For One More Day