adjective. ['ˈreɪnɪŋ'] falling in drops or as if falling like rain.
Words that Rhyme with Raining
Example sentences of the word raining
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Make sure that it isn't raining, as this can cause the repair tape to peel.
Quotes containing the word raining
1. Iranian filmmakers are not passive. They fight whenever they can, as creative expression means a lot to them. The restrictions and censorship in Iran are a bit like the British weather: one day it's sunny, the next day it's raining. You just have to hope you walk out into the sunshine.
- Asghar Farhadi
2. The Queen's Pride was his ship, and he loved her. (That was the way his sentences always went: It is raining today and I love you. My cold is better and I love you. Say hello to Horse and I love you. Like that.)
- William Goldman, The Princess Bride
3. When it’s raining, instead of using an umbrella, try holding an empty drinking glass above your head. That’s exactly how I thirst for your love.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE