Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈkʌmfɝtɝ'] device used for an infant to suck or bite on.
- teething ring
Rhymes with Comforter
How do you pronounce comforter?
Pronounce comforter as ˈkəmfərtər.
US - How to pronounce comforter in American English
UK - How to pronounce comforter in British English
Sentences with comforter
1. Noun, singular or mass
Starting on the top of the comforter at a tufting point, push the needle through to the back.
Quotes about comforter
1. Homework is not an option. My bed is sending out serious nap rays. I can't help myself. The fluffy pillows and warm comforter are more powerful than I am. I have no choice but to snuggle under the covers.
- Laurie Halse Anderson, Speak
2. I match my pajamas to my comforter so I can disappear into sleep. I’m camouflaged into noonexistence, where I don’t wake up until 12:00 PM.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. As I climbed up into the high old bed, the large fly in my personal ointment did the same. Had I actually told him he could get in bed with me? Well, I decided, as I wriggled down under the soft old sheets and the blanket and the comforter, if Eric had designs on me, I was just too tired to care."Woman?""Hmmm?""What's your name?""Sookie. Sookie Stackhouse.""Thank you, Sookie.""Welcome, Eric.
- Charlaine Harris, Dead to the World
noun. ['ˈkʌmfɝtɝ'] commiserates with someone who has had misfortune.
- unemotional person
noun. ['ˈkʌmfɝtɝ'] bedding made of two layers of cloth filled with stuffing and stitched together.
- bed clothing
- patchwork quilt
- continental quilt
noun. ['ˈkʌmfɝtɝ'] a person who reduces the intensity (e.g., of fears) and calms and pacifies.