adjective. ['ˈkɔɪld'] curled or wound (especially in concentric rings or spirals).
- straight line
- deflationary spiral
- inflationary spiral
Rhymes with Coiled
Sentences with coiled
Slide the coiled pipe cleaner off one end of the marker.
2. Verb, past participle
When first pulled out of the package, a Hamilton harness is often a coiled, twisted mess.
Quotes about coiled
1. We made love like two coiled up fire hoses. When there’s no fire in the romance, why not act like a couple of sleeping snakes?
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
2. I coiled my empty straw wrapper around like a snake. Then I bit it before it could bite me. My love is as dangerous as my drinking habits.
- Jarod Kintz, Love quotes for the ages. And the ageless sages.
3. It was rather beautiful: the way he put her insecurities to sleep. The way he dove into her eyes and starved all the fears and tasted all the dreams she kept coiled beneath her bones.
- Christopher Poindexter