Table of Contents
verb. ['ˈtʃæt'] talk socially without exchanging too much information.
Rhymes with Chat
How do you pronounce chat?
Pronounce chat as ʧæt.
US - How to pronounce chat in American English
UK - How to pronounce chat in British English
Sentences with chat
1. Noun, singular or mass
A chat box will open and you will be notified when a Charter representative is available.
2. Noun, plural
Instead, they appear along with your chat logs, which makes older requests more difficult to find.
3. Verb, base form
The word "whom" sounds too formal to most people who just want to chat about the day.
Children may go into chat rooms to talk with people their age.
Quotes about chat
1. Meg Ryan is a beautiful and courageous woman. I grieve the loss of her companionship but I've not lost the friendship. We talk all the time and that was what our connection was about. She has a wonderful mind and we just like a chat.
- Russell Crowe
2. Vane grabbed me. “DuLac, let’s chat.”Chat. British-speak for “Stand still while I yell at you.
- Priya Ardis, My Merlin Awakening
3. [novan]: bassists are very good with their fingers[novan]: and some of us sing backup vocals, so that means we're good with our mouths too...(~ IM chat with Novan Chang, 18, bassist)
- Jess C. Scott, EyeLeash: A Blog Novel
noun. light informal conversation for social occasions.
verb. talk socially without exchanging too much information.
noun. ['ˈtʃæt'] birds having a chattering call.
noun. ['ˈtʃæt'] an informal conversation.
noun. ['ˈtʃæt'] songbirds having a chattering call.