Table of Contents
verb. ['ˈboʊst'] show off.
- shoot a line
- stay in place
Rhymes with Boast
How do you pronounce boast?
Pronounce boast as boʊst.
US - How to pronounce boast in American English
UK - How to pronounce boast in British English
Sentences with boast
1. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
The suites also boast a large hot tub bathtub and a stand-up shower with massaging jets.
Male guineas boast longer legs.
3. Verb, past tense
Rooms also boast cable TV, coffeemakers and individual climate control.
Yellow-eyed penguins (Megadyptes antipodes) indeed boast yellowish eyes.
5. Preposition or subordinating conjunction
Some cabins boast ceiling-to-floor windows so you can enjoy a panoramic view of the mountains.
Quotes about boast
1. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
- Anonymous, Holy Bible: New International Version
2. There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.
- Bertrand Russell
3. If I weren’t too proud, I’d boast of my exaggerated opinion of myself.
- Bauvard, Some Inspiration for the Overenthusiastic
verb. ['ˈboʊst'] wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner.
noun. ['ˈboʊst'] speaking of yourself in superlatives.