Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈblækˌdʒæk'] a flag usually bearing a white skull and crossbones on a black background; indicates a pirate ship.
- skull and crossbones
- Jolly Roger
- pirate flag
Rhymes with Blackjack
Sentences with blackjack
1. Noun, singular or mass
Set up a make-believe roulette or blackjack table to give people a fake casino to enjoy.
Quotes about blackjack
1. Betting on the success of innovative technologies in the marketplace can carry all the uncertainty and risk that betting on the next card in the deck does at a blackjack table in Las Vegas. There is a factor of randomness that must be factored in, but precisely how to do so is anyone's guess.
- Henry Petroski
2. God alert!"Blackjack yelled. "It's the wine dude!Mr. D sighed in exasperation. "The next person, or horse, who calls me the 'wine dude' will end up in a bottle of Merlot!
- Rick Riordan, The Titan's Curse
3. Blackjack,"Percy said, "this is Piper and Jason. They're friends."The horse nickered."Uh, maybe later,"Percy answered.Piper had heard that Percy could speak to horses, being the son of the horse lord Poseidon, but she'd never seen it in action."What does Blackjack want?"she asked."Donuts,"Percy said. "Always donuts.
- Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena
noun. ['ˈblækˌdʒæk'] a piece of metal covered by leather with a flexible handle; used for hitting people.
verb. ['ˈblækˌdʒæk'] exert pressure on someone through threats.
- act upon
noun. ['ˈblækˌdʒæk'] a gambling game using cards; the object is to hold cards having a higher count than those dealt to the banker up to but not exceeding 21.
- card game
noun. ['ˈblækˌdʒæk'] a common scrubby deciduous tree of central and southeastern United States having dark bark and broad three-lobed (club-shaped) leaves; tends to form dense thickets.
- Quercus marilandica
- scrub oak
- jack oak