adjective. ['əˈtɛstɪd'] established as genuine.
Rhymes with Attested
Sentences with attested
An attested golf score illustrates the score a player shot in competition.
2. Verb, past participle
It must be in writing and bear your signature attested to by witnesses.
Quotes about attested
1. It is a law woven into the nature of man, attested by history, by science, by literature and art, and by dally experience, that strength of mind and force of character are the supreme rulers of human affairs.
- Lucius Quintus Cincinnatus Lamar II
2. No one, in the world's whole history, ever attempted to substantiate a truth by a miracle. Truth scorns the assistance of miracle. Nothing but falsehood ever attested itself by signs and wonders. No miracle ever was performed, and no sane man ever thought he had performed one, and until one is performed, there can be no evidence of the existence of any power superior to, and independent of nature.
- Robert G. Ingersoll
3. It is a good principle in science not to believe any 'fact'---however well attested---until it fits into some accepted frame of reference. Occasionally, of course, an observation can shatter the frame and force the construction of a new one, but that is extremely rare. Galileos and Einsteins seldom appear more than once per century, which is just as well for the equanimity of mankind.
- Arthur C. Clarke, 2061: Odyssey Three