Table of Contents
noun. ['əˈtɛndɪŋ'] the act of being present (at a meeting or event etc.).
- coming into court
Rhymes with Attending
Sentences with attending
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Each potential student will have a different idea of what she is looking for in attending college.
Quotes about attending
1. If all the girls attending [the Yale prom] were laid end to end, I wouldn't be at all surprised.
- Dorothy Parker, While Rome Burns
2. I remember one desolate Sunday night, wondering: Is this how I´m going to spend the rest of my life? Marrid to someone who is perpetually distracted and somewhat wistful, as though a marvelous party is going on in the next room, which but for me he could be attending?
- Suzanne Finnamore
3. That is how we become wise, by living each day attending to the lessons God puts in our path.
- Emma Campion, The King's Mistress
noun. ['əˈtɛndɪŋ'] the process whereby a person concentrates on some features of the environment to the (relative) exclusion of others.
- basic cognitive process
- paying attention