noun. ['əˈpɪrɪŋ'] formal attendance (in court or at a hearing) of a party in an action.
Words that Rhyme with Appearing
Example sentences of the word appearing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
About the same time, Blackjack counterfeits were appearing on the market sold at a much cheaper price.
Quotes containing the word appearing
1. Eric called Al's suicide brave, and he was wrong. My mother's death was brave. I remember how calm she was, how determined. It isn't just brave that she died for me; it is brave that she did it without announcing it, without hesitation, and without appearing to consider another option.
- Veronica Roth, Divergent
2. At the risk of appearing disingenuous, I don't really think of myself as 'writing humor.' I'm simply reporting on the world I observe, which is frequently hilarious.
- Richard Russo
3. In so many ways we are still in the dark ages, but there is light appearing over the horizon of choice and consciousness.
- Bryant McGill, Voice of Reason